Examples of Trigger Email Marketing Campaigns
What types of email trigger campaigns are there?
Some of the most successful triggered email marketing campaigns are focused on retention, repurchase, and rewards. You can use triggered emails to send
a series of welcome emails or follow up with great content after your customer does a specific event that you track. There might be customers that ran out
of your beauty cream or your natural drug, a trigger email could be used for repurchase or oder reminder. Finally rewards are to automatically send emails to loyal
customers, those that reach a certain threshold of loyalty in terms of spend or frequency that you have set.
Examples of email trigger campaigns
- Simple/automatic emails - These include your welcome emails, purchase confirmation, and shipping updates. A clear event happens like a
purchase or a sign up and your system quickly sends out the email.
- Order reminder emails - Order reminder emails is another powerful tool for retailers with replenishable products. If you are selling health/beauty,
food/drug, apparel, office supplies or anything that needs reordering every x amount of time, remind your clients it is
time to buy more.
- We haven't seen you in a while - These emails are intended to re-engage customers who haven't bought from you in a long time. Test the waters with
different re-engagement campaigns and you will see that customers you thought would never return are again knocking on your door.
- Series emails - You have a set of trigger emails to send to customers once activated by an event, but you don't want to send them all at once. You use
series emails to space them out. You can also make them dependent on a previous event or a response to a previous campaign.
- Reward program emails - Trigger emails can also be used to look at the number of transactions or the total spent and reward customers, just like airlines do,
with incentives and perks depending on their level. These email campaigns are very successful when the offer is relevant, creative and unexpected.
There are many other options and examples of trigger based emails. Only one has to look at the conditions
given by a provider as to what can be used to trigger emails.
As for Mineful, you can use purchase history (date of last purchase, number of transactions, and total spent), product data, custom events, and algorithms that
detect changes in purchase patterns. We look forward to hearing your success stories.
Other email trigger content you might be interested in:
Contact an email trigger consultant